Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR5 error previewcach

New Here ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

Every time when i boot LR after i have shut down the pc, i get the error, LR has found an error, previewcache.

I delete the preview cache on the HDD, LR works again, but this can not be every time.
I never changed something, it occurs since one week.

Thank you for your answers!

Best regards,

Filip

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2017 Mar 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using LR 5.7.1?

If not, update to it first: Download Photoshop Lightroom

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the answer but i have the latest version.

I tried to update, but LR says there are no updates.

Best regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you use Windows 10, try to turn off Windows Fast Startup in the energy options.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello everybody,

Thank you for your answers, i will keep them in mind because LR works again normal, no more errors.

I have nothing changed yet so if the problem comes back, i will try to turn of fast startup or check the ssd disk.

I have noticed that when i immediate start up LR after starting the pc, everything runs normal and that i leave LR in the library modus when quiting.  I think that the first error was caused by leaving LR in the print modus.

Best regards and thank you all.

Filip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have the same problem. 

When i quit LR and start it again, no problems.  The problem starts when i start up the pc the day after or later.

I have two ssd drives, on the second drive there is the LR Library.  The photo's are on a separate big HDD in the PC.

I have never changed did.

Do you think i need a fresh installation of LR?

Best regards,

Filip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling is not likely to fix the problem.

If the preview cache keeps getting corrupted, something might be wrong with the hard drive.

With Lightroom closed, copy the whole folder with catalog and previews to one of your other drives.

Then double-click the catalog file in the new location to launch Lightroom, and see if it works better.

If it does, you should probabaly run a diagnostic program on the drive that you used originally to check if it there is a problem with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines