• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

files from Draw to Ai not opening seamlessly?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was drawing designs on Draw and saving them to Illustrator on my desktop and all was going fine until recently when files stopped being received and opened automatically on Ai on my desktop but I have to find them under mobile creations and then when I try and download the file I get a message that "the file ... is in a format which cannot be placed" and then when I click on 'ok' the file is in fact opened?  I am just wondering why this is happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Ashley.

What version of Draw are you using? I'm asking because that's quite an old version of Illustrator and the current version of Draw is not supported by the older versions of the desktop apps (that is, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't).

Update to the 2017 version (v21.0.2  2017.0.2) of Illustrator.

Also, since the Creative Cloud Desktop App has a lot to do with whether mobile files make it to the desktop, make sure you're using at least version 4.0.1.188 (to check that, click on t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Ashley,

Sorry it's not working correctly. A couple of quick questions:

What mobile device and what version of Draw you're using?

Are you using Mac or Windows on desktop? And, what version of Illustrator CC are you using? (Check this by opening the app and choosing About Illustrator from the Photoshop/Illustrator CC file menu.)

When you send your work, are you getting a Sent! notification in Draw?Have you tried closing all your desktop apps then shutting down your computer? Then relaunching everything?

Please let me know and we'll go from there.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

I am using Ai 2015.3. The draw app (version 4.0.2) is on my iPad pro and

yes, I am getting a sent message!

Ashley

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 9:58 AM, Sue Garibaldi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oh and yes, I have shut down my desktop and iPad completely and it is still

happening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ashley.

What version of Draw are you using? I'm asking because that's quite an old version of Illustrator and the current version of Draw is not supported by the older versions of the desktop apps (that is, sometimes they work and sometimes they don't).

Update to the 2017 version (v21.0.2  2017.0.2) of Illustrator.

Also, since the Creative Cloud Desktop App has a lot to do with whether mobile files make it to the desktop, make sure you're using at least version 4.0.1.188 (to check that, click on the CC icon in the menu bar, then the Gear icon, then Preferences).

Let me know how things are going once everything is updated.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue

Super happy, updates done and all is working fine once again!

thanks for your help.

best

Ashley

On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Sue Garibaldi <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ashley.

Just what I was hoping to hear.

Thanks for letting me know.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines