• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import photos and folders after reorganizing in windows

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done structural reorganizing of my photo collection in Windows Explorer. So how do I:

1. Import that on top of my previous structue?

2. As I have Folders having, but not showing Sub folders (0) and I still want those to be imported, how do I import those as well?

3. Do I  have to first remove all my photos and folders and then import?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

If the images and folder you moved, restructured, were originally imported into LR and now show as missing, a question or exclamation mark next to them, you should not try to Re-Import them again.

Use the Find missing files/images/photos and or the Update Folder Location systems to point LR to the new location of the folders and or image files.

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

How to find missing photos in Photoshop Lightroom

Updating the Folder Location in Lightroom « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the images and folder you moved, restructured, were originally imported into LR and now show as missing, a question or exclamation mark next to them, you should not try to Re-Import them again.

Use the Find missing files/images/photos and or the Update Folder Location systems to point LR to the new location of the folders and or image files.

http://www.lightroomqueen.com/lightroom-photos-missing-fix/

How to find missing photos in Photoshop Lightroom

Updating the Folder Location in Lightroom « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

But if I have added a "Parent" folder above all my folders in Windows. How do I Import it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on a folder in LR and select to show parent folder.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there question mark icons on your folders, or not?

If there are question mark icons on your folders, importing will not fix the problem. The links given by Just SHoot Me above will fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, just in one folder there are some exclamation marks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to better explain exactly what you did, what you are looking to do and what LR is showing.

If you used Explorer to move folders around, added top level folders for some Subfolders (the only way to do that is to create a new folder then move other folder into it as Subfolder) then you should see a whole bunch of ? marks and ! marks all over the place.

Please show a screen shot of the complete LR Library module window so we can see what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok Here are the files with exclamation mark. Rest of the photos have no extra marks on them

If I want to make changes to the folders, i.e. add or remove them, do I make them in Lightroom or in Windows Explorer?

How to make sure my files in Lightroom are in synchron with Windows (HDD)?

Thanks

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I want to make changes to the folders, i.e. add or remove them, do I make them in Lightroom or in Windows Explorer?

This is all explained at the links provided by Just Shoot Me.

How to make sure my files in Lightroom are in synchron with Windows (HDD)?

The easiest way is to stop "re-organizing" your windows folders and leave the photos and folders exactly where they are, unchanged; and to use keywords and other metadata to organize and search. If you must move folders around using Windows Explorer (why?),  there is no automatic built in "sync" between Lightroom and Windows, and the solution is again found in the links given by Just Shoot Me, a manual solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answers

Pls bear with me but this folder 2017-03-15 with its 25 images,

keeps remaining grey no matter what I try??

Any ideas?

Thanks again

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean by "keeps remaining grey"?

There is no question mark on the folder, and no exclamation marks on the thumbnails, so everything seems to be in order.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any problems ... I don't see "keeps remaining gray" .. can you explain further?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK

Sorry. It appeared as Grey to me, but actually at closer look at the folder 2017-03-15, the triangle is dotted. There are more of these dotted ones

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The dots mean there is no Subfolder under that folder. a solid triangle means there is one or more subfolders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines