• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help with extra spacing between bulleted lines

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant seem to get rid of this extra spacing between the second and third bullet of the middle group.

I've checked the spacing and every paragraph option I can find and everything looks the same as the other lines.

If I add another bullet from the line above the spacing is correct, but there always remains extra spacing prior to the last line.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mentor , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Or - apart of supplying actual file to see - here's quick'n'dirty method to get rid of unwanted (and hard to find) formatting:

1. Double click Eyedropper tool, ensure all options are checked.

2. Select line with 'wrong' formatting (whole paragraph, incl. end of para mark!), switch to Eyedropper tool, copy attributes from a 'good' line.

In most cases you're able to 'fix' inconsistency without even knowing what was the culprit. Worth to try, at least after checking Para and Char styles for overrides.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you put that page (or file) up on dropbox so that we can take a look? You can post the link in the reply, or right click my name, click Message and send it to me directly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or - apart of supplying actual file to see - here's quick'n'dirty method to get rid of unwanted (and hard to find) formatting:

1. Double click Eyedropper tool, ensure all options are checked.

2. Select line with 'wrong' formatting (whole paragraph, incl. end of para mark!), switch to Eyedropper tool, copy attributes from a 'good' line.

In most cases you're able to 'fix' inconsistency without even knowing what was the culprit. Worth to try, at least after checking Para and Char styles for overrides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I had tried the eyedropper before, but apparently I was missing the end para mark!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aha! That's a habit that is worth to gain: always select the whole paragraph, including non-printing marks, such as end-of-paragraph mark (aka pilcrow). In your case, most likely, it had a different (bigger) leading applied, and in your Preferences > Type section you have Apply Leading to Entire Paragraphs unchecked. That's what all the buzz was about

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines