• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pasted object in vanishing point layer is invisible

Participant ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to copy an image from a layer in my Photoshop document into my vanishing point layer, whether it's rasterized type or a photo, an empty marquee the size of what I've copied appears in the upper left corner of my vanishing point layer. There's nothing inside it. If I move the marquee into the grid, it does go into perspective, but it's empty.

What obvious thing am I missing?

Thanks to any who can help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Hi,

I think I at least have a workaround. Make sure to deselect after copying but before going into the Vanish Point filter. Without a selection, the paste board contents are showing up in the upper left hand corner and should then be draggable to any defined plane.

It looks like the paste board content gets clipped, by the selection bounds, if you leave the selection active. I need to follow up and see if that is an expected behavior. This area has not been touched code-wise in quite a while so I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What version of Ps and OS are you using? It sounds odd that you are getting an empty marquee. Does a paste in a new layer, not in the Vanishing point filter work?

Use Vanishing Point in Photoshop

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. That's a great question.

I hadn't tried pasting into a regular layer, but when I do, yes, the object shows up just as it should. In the screen grabs attached, the first image shows the rasterized bit of text I want to place on the window in perspective. The second shows the empty marquee in the upper left corner of the layer set aside for vanishing point, after I've done a paste. (The red text is from the layer underneath from which I copied.) If I paste into that layer before I turn on vanishing point, the text shows up just fine. If I then turn on VP, though, I'm unable to move it.

Please don't be afraid to make me look stupid. There's got to be something obvious I'm missing.

VanishA.pngVanishB.png

I'm using PS CC 2017 and am in Mac OS 10.11.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think I at least have a workaround. Make sure to deselect after copying but before going into the Vanish Point filter. Without a selection, the paste board contents are showing up in the upper left hand corner and should then be draggable to any defined plane.

It looks like the paste board content gets clipped, by the selection bounds, if you leave the selection active. I need to follow up and see if that is an expected behavior. This area has not been touched code-wise in quite a while so I don't know what we'll turn up.

regards,

steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that worked!

Yesterday, something else worked, too. If I drew a marquee around the rasterized text, then nudged it using the Move tool, the marching ants would then hug the text. Copying and pasting this then worked. I don't remember deselecting the hugged text to get it to work, though.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines