• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eraser problem on iPad

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes when I erase part of a shape, the boundaries don't change, as if there's still a few pixels left that haven't been erased. I've tried many times to make sure there's nothing left and no other tricks work. This creates a problem scaling up the shape during a transform function as the boundaries go outside the sheet and it won't let me increase the size. I think this is a bug.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Behrooz.

It didn't. Instead of fussing around here over and over, can you email them to me at susang at adobe dot com?

Thanks.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bla.

Hmmm.... this is a new one. I'll definitely run it by the product team just in case it is a bug. A couple of quick questions if you don't mind:

Which iPad, and what version of iOS, are you using?

Which version of Draw are you using?

Also, one more thing:

Have you tried closing the drawing ("saving the changes"), reopening it, then scaling up? (Not suggesting this as a permanent workaround but I'm curious about what happens.)

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue,

Thanks for the prompt follow up. Please see answers below in RED.

behrooz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bla.

I'm not seeing anything in red. Or any additional content at all.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what happened, please let me know if you can see this:

Hi Bla.

Hmmm.... this is a new one. I'll definitely run it by the product team just in case it is a bug. A couple of quick questions if you don't mind:

Which iPad, and what version of iOS, are you using?

iPAD pro, with Apple Pencil. I've tried erasing with finger as well with the pencil. both behave the same.

I’m using the latest iOS version, 10.3.1.

Which version of Draw are you using?

I’m not sure about the Draw version, but I have my iTunes set as background update, so the App is always up to date.

Also, one more thing:

Have you tried closing the drawing ("saving the changes"), reopening it, then scaling up? (Not suggesting this as a permanent workaround but I'm curious about what happens.)

Yes, I have several times.

I have also tried to play other tricks, such as drawing over the boundaries with a thick brush to make sure I capture everything around it, then pressing down with the eraser for a few seconds to erase it (which it does), yet the shape boundary stays intact!

Sue.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bla.

Yep. I can see it this time. I'll share this with the product team. One more quick question:

Has this been going on for some time? Or is it something that's been happening since you've updated to iOS 10.3?

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s always been there, I just upgraded the OS yesterday.

behrooz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Behrooz.

I'll ask one of our engineers about this tomorrow (they're all in a meeting for the rest of today) and I'll post as soon as I hear back.

Thanks for posting about this.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

very good, thanks Sue.

behrooz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Behrooz.

I realize this may not be possible but wanted to ask... Is there any way to screenshoot what you're seeing.

We've been unable to duplicate this behavior. When we erase and transform the content on a layer we have no trouble resizing the image even beyond the confines of the canvas.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sue, please see attached, hopefully it makes it through your filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Behrooz.

It didn't. Instead of fussing around here over and over, can you email them to me at susang at adobe dot com?

Thanks.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines