• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

scroll inside interactive pdf

Engaged ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to be able to scroll in a PDF page.

Interactive scrollable content(Either another PDF, Text, or an Image) in a single PDF page.

I know that InDesign has a scrollable frame overlay feature, but its only for Mobile access. I want to be able to view this in Acrobat on your desktop.

Not sure how to explain this properly but I hope someone understands and can help me. Thank you!

-Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

I would advise against it. There is no real support for it in PDF and even if you could hack something together it probably wouldn’t work in most PDF readers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't be done natively. There could be a way to script/code something with Java.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great, can you point me in the direction I can could look into this code to implement?

Doing this would work natively for clients to easily view the PDF document?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would advise against it. There is no real support for it in PDF and even if you could hack something together it probably wouldn’t work in most PDF readers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks.

Its funny to think the only way of doing this would be in Flash (Not PDF but a reader that a lot of us already had). But now "Steve Jobs" has turned us all away from Flash and now I can't do this one simple thing anymore? Everyone would have had a flash player, but not anymore.

- Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happened 7 years ago and using SWF in PDF was never a really good idea. There’s a lot of other choices for interactive content; choose the right one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What I meant was back then PDF Readers were equivalent to Flash Players. SO in other words know matter who you sent it to, they were able to view your content. Now we are stuck, like this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines