• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom opens incorrectly

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom will only open right on the edge of the desktop. There is no way to drag the window or change its size. I can only close the window with the red x!

Here is what I am faced with every time Lightroom launches!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

When you get the screen back in place (by Windows logo shortcut), try the 'Window Menus'  (Press Shift+F several times) to see if one selection 'sticks' when you re-open Lr..

And "Why" - I do not know.

ScreenShot198.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi not sure if this will work, but head over to your display preferences, and change your resolution temporarily so it makes everything smaller on the screen. You might then have enough of a menu bar at the top of the LR Window to drag it back into the centre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the cursor over the edge of that window, near the middle vertically, and Click and Drag it over to the right to Expand it. You should then be able to grab the top bar to move it to the center of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears you might have Windows-10?

'Dragging' the window looks difficult as there is not enough of the title bar (left of the X) to place the cursor and allow the drag.

Have you tried any keyboard shortcut combinations?  like-  [Windows Logo Key + an Arrow key]

eg. [Windows Logo Key + Right Arrow] will position an active program to the right half of the screen.

Look here for the "Windows Logo Key" shortsuts-

https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/12445/windows-keyboard-shortcuts

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much, that't the only thing that has worked! I have tried reinstalling and updating but the problem still persists. Any

idea why it is actually happening in the first place??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you accidentally move the LR window off to the side of the screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you get the screen back in place (by Windows logo shortcut), try the 'Window Menus'  (Press Shift+F several times) to see if one selection 'sticks' when you re-open Lr..

And "Why" - I do not know.

ScreenShot198.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines