• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator artboards not showing up in InDesign

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created some diagrams in Illustrator that I placed into my InDesign doc. Then I made some more diagrams/artboards in Illustrator, but when I go to place them in InDesign, the new artboards don't show up. I've done this a million times before and the artboards always show up as soon as I've saved the changes to my Illustrator file. But since the CC 2017 update, I can't figure out how to get it to update in InDesign. It only shows the original artboards that were there prior to placing any images into my InDesign file, and doesn't show any new layers I've created either. Can anyone help me figure this out?? Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Never mind. I figured it out. Somehow I had made a duplicate Illustrator file that I was unaware of. I had made all my changes in the new file - which was still open in Ilustrator, but kept searching the original file for the updates, and obviously they weren't there. Talk about a dumb moment! lol. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried placing an Illustrator CC 2017 file with four artboards into InDesign CC 2017. No problems on my MacBook Pro (OS X 10.12.4).

InDesign CC335.png

I'd suggest you restore your InDesign preferences:

Trash, Replace, Reset, or Restore the application Preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never mind. I figured it out. Somehow I had made a duplicate Illustrator file that I was unaware of. I had made all my changes in the new file - which was still open in Ilustrator, but kept searching the original file for the updates, and obviously they weren't there. Talk about a dumb moment! lol. Thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines