• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Content Aware crop, error 54 [topic edit for brevity]

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help!  I'm getting and error when I'm trying to use content aware crop.  Error 54: Uncaught JavaScript exception: General Photoshop error occurred. This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop.  I have been used this tool as recently as yesterday evening.  What do I do?

[Moderator moved from forum Lounge to Photoshop General Discussion.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop are you using?

Supply pertinent information for quicker answers

• The more information you supply about your situation, the better equipped other community members will be to answer. Consider including the following in your question:
  • Adobe product and version number
  • Operating system and version number
  • The full text of any error message(s)
  • What you were doing when the problem occurred
  • Screenshots of the problem
  • Computer hardware, such as CPU; GPU; amount of RAM; etc.
JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue. Started with the latest update. My settings:

Photoshop CC 2019

Windows 10

Trouble shooting I've done so far:

tested on other images, always same issue

re-installed photoshop

Reset tool

Below details of the error via screenshot

kHuwN3uOyo.png

F3CX9gFblP.png

Photoshop_1OKDIb3po7.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seems to be a error thrown by the  CAFcropCorners.jsx script I would think it releted to the selection you have set from a quick read of the code.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

and sorry - but I don't really understand how I can fix it based on this...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you tried content aware crop where the any transparent areas inside the crop area  to be selected? It works for me when there is...

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• 27 Dec 2018
    Yes that seems to work as a work around. But seems to be odd that I have to work that way.

1 reply0 retweets0 likes

Replying to Hi Paul, this is a known issue with the current version of Lightroom and we are working on it. The suggested workaround is the what we're recommending to bypass the error message. Thanks, ^AK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many LR users have problems in Photoshop CC 2019 When Photoshop is launched after LR using edit in Photoshop from LR. Adobe is working on that problem.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have called them now. Their solution was to roll back the latest update.

Apparently the latest update caused the error for a lot of users - they are working on a solution. rolling back the update or bypass the error until they fixed it.

Thank you all for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2020 Mar 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same error message. Googling it brought me to this thread. I am using the latest updated version of Photoshop.

Computer: 5K iMac

4 ghz i7

24 gb DDR3 RAM

1 TB Flash drive

AMD Radeon R9 M295X - 4096 MB

Mac OS - High Sierra - 10.13.6

Error message:

Error 54: Uncaught JavaScript exception: General Photoshop error occured. This functionality may not be available in this version of Photoshop

- The command  "Fill" is not currently available..

Line: 63

->    Throw err;

All I am trying to do is the content aware cropping, which I have used many times. I tried uninstalling Photoshop and reinstalling but same issue remains. What is going on here and how do I get this funcitonality back?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2020 Mar 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem!  I use this feature all the time and now it's not working.  Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue, as described by Ben__P also. Occurs since CC 2020 for me.

However, pressing the checkmark in the Crop Tool settings still works. Just not selecting any tool to continue editing right away, which used to work just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to let everyone know, the issue in CC 2020 is being reported:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/crop-tool-content-aware-fill-error-54-cc-2020...

For the time being, press Enter, click the Ready checkmark in the Crop Tool settings bar, or click the Crop Tool itself. The error will not pop up in those cases.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found a possible work around to this, for me anyway.

I am using version Photoshop 21.1.3.

When I use the crop tool (c) and rotate the image all is ok. If I click on any tool in the toolbar to activate the crop process I get the error message.

However, this problem does not occur when I rotate, then click on the Crop tool to execute the function.

I have not gone through all the tools as I would loose the will to live.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed in Photoshop 21.2, hopefully for good this time as it's a bug that apparently returns every once in a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this error today. Seems like doing a simple crop should be a pretty standard function in a photo manipulation program.

I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Issue plz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2023 Nov 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

estou com o mesmo erro, estou com a ultima atualização de 2023WhatsApp Image 2023-11-16 at 20.41.06.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines