• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot sign in to Lightroom on Desktop (for Lightroom mobile sync)

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trialling Lightroom (6) before deciding to subscribe. I am signed in to Adobe CC on my Mac (OSx 10.12.4), and install Lightroom via Adobe CC.

Lightroom installs fine, and if I go to Lightroom Help menu I can see 'Sign Out myemail@email.com'. So between Adobe CC and Lightroom Help I am signed in.

If I click on 'Get started with Lightroom mobile' and then 'Sync with Lightroom mobile', [sometimes ]the system thinks (spins the wheel) for about a second or less, then does nothing. In the below gif it doesn't even 'think', just closes the menu by itself.

Apr-06-2017 16-38-41.gif

I've reinstalled Lightroom a number of times now, and I've tried this on two different internet connections (same Mac), I also tried changing my account email just to see if forcing signing in again would do anything. Same results. At some point, I tried deleting Adobe CC and then clicking 'Sync with Lightroom mobile' at which point a window opened saying 'Connecting' in the title window bar, but no content inside, just white.

I can sign in to Adobe CC fine online, on Lightroom Mobile app.

Any pointers on this? !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the LR Preferences, Edit > Preferences, and then the LR Mobile tab to check if you are actually signed in.

But it could be a restriction without a valid subscription. There has been a rash of posts relating to LR 6 and the 30 day trial to LR Mobile. So Adobe may have included a restriction to stop any and all LR Mobile uses without a valid subscription plan. Not sure, don't now for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, can confirm I am not signed in within that section of Lightroom:

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 6.14.47 PM.png

But strangely am within Help:

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 6.13.40 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you click the Join button?

As I stated Adobe may have placed a restriction on the use of LR Mobile to only allow subscribers access.

Go to Help > About Adobe PS LR and post the Exact version number that comes up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Join leads to the LR Product Web Page (https://creative.adobe.com/plans/photography​ ).

If I go to Help >> System Info, I see Lightroom version: 6.0 [1014445].

Yeah understood about the trial. But would seem weird not to be able to trial a key feature (for me it's a bit of a deal breaker due to a current project).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update LR manually to the .9 update from here.

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Then try using LR Mobile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is happening to me too and I just tried using it. I restarted machine and got logged in once. One sync happened. Now I want to do it again, and it is maddening that it isn't working. Like this is a very simple thing. What a waste.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I just had a customer care agent take over my computer to troubleshoot and after he witnessed it not logging in, he quit the application, then opened the Creative Cloud Application and then opened Lightroom with the OPEN button in the drop down menu and then as soon as the app loaded, I was signed in to mobile Lighroom instantly. Now lets see if it will actually sync. 🙂 LightroomScreenSnapz004.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I've read that, that solution works sometimes.

For me, I think the solution is something a bit more beyond my control, and may not be to do with Lightroom. I would like to be able to close this thread or delete it for that reason, but can't see how to.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines