• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

accessing preview images

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to access and use the smart previews or the regular previews that Lightroom creates?

Best would be to use the previews in php. But for a start any other programming language e.g. java would also be ok.

Reason why I am asking is, I want to have a WebInterface for Lightroom in my LAN (not Internet)

For now I create thumbnails and images myself using regular export function of lightroom.

But this is extra work to do.

Thank you

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

found it, lrprev files are just text files that have basic information and several jpg representations in different resolutions of the jpg and you can read the string of the jpg information and use it for presenting the jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the method photo:requestJpegThumbnail().  Also, search this forum and the official Adobe feedback forum for that method, since some developers reported having issues with how it works (as of a couple years ago).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2017 Mar 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.

I was looking for some way to decode the files and use it directly for my webgallery or webinterface.

I assume that the method you are mentioning is part of lua. Maybe my post is not in the right section and should not be part of lightroom sdk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One approach is to write a Lua script that uses photo:requestJpegThumbnail() to extract the previews in JPEG format and write the previews to a file or send them over the network.

Another approach is to use directly examine the catalog database and the previews database to extract the preview for each desired photo.  Both databases are SQLite databases, and since they are undocumented and direct access is unsupported by Adobe, building a system on that is likely to be more fragile than one built on a Lua script.  There are a few plugins around that take this approach, e.g. Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s “Extract Cached Image Previews” Lightroom Plugin and LRViewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

found it, lrprev files are just text files that have basic information and several jpg representations in different resolutions of the jpg and you can read the string of the jpg information and use it for presenting the jpg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Jhonrellis!

Please, tell me if there is any way using LR SDK to get active catalogs smart previews linked to its photos (from selected catalog).

I see photo:buildSmartPreview() but if it is some getSmartPreview() or some other way? I need to upload all photos from active catalog and all smart previews from this catalog to the server.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how to get the path and size of a photo's smart preview (see the SDK documentation for LrPhoto getRawMetadata):

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very-very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, tell me please, what tool did you use in the screenshot you provide in the last post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's from my Lightroom debugging toolkit: Debugging Toolkit for Lightroom SDK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines