• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do we create a PDF which we password protect except for the signature and initals

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have an automated process which takes a Word document and converts it to a PDF.

We made the PDF password protected so the contract terms and conditions could not be altered.

We can't count on a specific location where the user will sign and/or initial the document because the document can contain 1 to x number of line items which can cause the document to be longer or shorter depending on that number of line items.

We still need the person to sign and initial the document.

How can we do this when we're creating the PDF dynamically from a Word document?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received 3 emails regarding this post.  The first 2 stated approved and the last one was rejected.

There was no reason given why it was rejected and now I see why I need to find an alternate solution to using Adobe products.

Looks like I'll see what DocuSign has to say about our challenge stated above.

Very disappointed in this No Response reply,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you posted the same question multiple times? Anyway, your question is available...

I'm not sure what kind of process you're using to do this, but if you can add a digital signature field to your file as a part of it and set your security policy to allow signing existing fields then I think that should solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.  I only posted my question after searching the database and coming up empty.  It was then very frustrating to see Approved twice then Rejected with no explanations??

Anyways, we have over 100 contracts with all kinds of special terms so we custom built a process in C# which takes in a Word doc and then after the user selects whatever options are to be included creates a PDF final version which will need to be signed by the sub-contractor. 

We recently password protected the PDF so that no changes could be made by the sub-contractor, but we still need them to initial and then digitally sign the contract. 

The challenge we're facing is that we need a way to dynamically identify where in the Word document the person needs to initial and then sign it.   Do we add a special tag before the initial and signature fields so we know when to add these special fields at time of creating the PDF? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes questions get rejected by accident... The moderators are human, after all. Don't worry about it.

Are you using C# to convert from Word to PDF? If so, I recommend you try the Acrobat SDK  forum. I can transfer your thread to there, if you wish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines