• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Inserting Pages

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with my document set up in InDesign. When I try to add pages to it, they get added by themselves not as facing pages, or to the side of the spread. I've added pictures to better explain. All I want to do is add the pages so they shuffle in normally. This just randomly started happening, when I began working in this document I did not have this problem. PLEASE HELP!

indesign help.jpgindesign help_2.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have 'Allow Selected Spread to Shuffle' turned off. Is there any reason to do this? That's why your newly added page(s) remain in the same spread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To further explain, 3-4 have been told to stay together. So have 6-7. Page 5 is a right-sided page, so it goes where it can.

By default pages are set to shuffle. (You used the correct word.)

Go to your Pages panel menu and check this for the document and also for selected spreads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this problem is still happening no matter what is checked or unchecked, I've tried with both selected and it's the exact same thing! I really need to figure this out, do you think it has anything to do with page numbers or master pages?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jillian, Winterm and Jane are both correct in their answers, but guess what... so are you. I just played with it, and the first time I rechecked both I was able to recreate the problem, then I unchecked, played again, rechecked and they are behaving normally again.

Here's my thought... check them both and see if the pages straighten out. If not, drag them to the correct positions. You should be able to correct this manually, and you might want to report the odd behavior here: Wishform - Adobe InDesign

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wont allow me to manually correct them. Right now, I have page one set up to be after the cover page/ table of contents spread. When I have both shuffle options selected in the pages panel, the first page after the table of content is by itself in the spread, it wont allow me to move it or move any other pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show the current screen shot of the pages panel? Then I can be more precise in my answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just checking: you are aware that "selected spread" means the spread has to be selected before you can allow the selected spread to shuffle, correct?

The brackets mean the spread is locked together with one of the two features and cannot shuffle.

If it is being buggy, you could either put it into dropbox for us to look at or copy the elements to a new document.

You want to see pages without brackets if you want new pages to shuffle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines