Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Artifacts

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I tried to contribute an image to adobe stock program, which I recently shot.

That image got rejected because of "artifacts". Since I'm not a professional, I may not have the eye for that, but I don't see this problem on the pic. I think I shot it in ISO 100 and propably did not much post processing (eventually some colors in camera raw; cannot remember exactly). Also I doubt there might be dirty sensor, since I cannot change my lens therefore there should be no dust on it). Maybe I just cannot submit pics from my cam, since it's not actually professional grade actually ("only" Lumix fz200).

But maybe it's just something I can look for next time to avoid these problem. Would be happy if someone with more experience could find out 🙂

duck1.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it might be a camera issue due to the sensor in that model.

Look at the image at full, 100% zoom and you'll see that it's not very sharp.

0blurducken.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Szalam,

you are right. The focus is on the male duck behind. But doesnt adobe have an own category for refusing pics because of blurred images? Or does this count as artifact?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The male duck isn't really any sharper.

0blurducken.jpg

I thought focus issues were their own thing too - maybe they hit the wrong button or maybe they're seeing something you and I have missed.

Regardless, it's not a very high-quality image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VY4y_J5D8K0

Composition looks nice but focus is one of the key points the moderators screen.  Refer to the video above, Terry White explains Adobe's process to moderate which images they allow or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thx for your anwers, LeviC​ and Szalam​

I guess you are right, they propably just categorized wrong and meant to dismiss for focus reasons.

I will be busy now a sec. watching the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Compression artifact - Wikipedia

They seemed to categorized it properly,  artifacts are essentially unintentional renderings by image compression processes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines