Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom does not see a new Camera Calibration Profile

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created a new profile for Infared images using the Adobe DNG Profile Editor.

The new profile is created OK and resides where it should in the in the C:\Users ....Appdata\Roaming\etc directory ok. However when I open a DNG file the dropdown box under Profile only displays Embedded.

Any ideas why the new profile is not on the list?

Thanks

Roy

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Because camera profiles are applied to Raw data (whether in maker's format or dng format) as the necessary first step in the processing that leads to the creation of an RGB image file (tiff. psd or jpg) and whatever profile was used to start the process, together with all the other editing that was done, has been "baked into" the image - i.e. "embedded" in it. The appearance of that display usually indicates that you are loading a rendered image - a jpg or a tiff. However, a DNG file that has be

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because camera profiles are applied to Raw data (whether in maker's format or dng format) as the necessary first step in the processing that leads to the creation of an RGB image file (tiff. psd or jpg) and whatever profile was used to start the process, together with all the other editing that was done, has been "baked into" the image - i.e. "embedded" in it. The appearance of that display usually indicates that you are loading a rendered image - a jpg or a tiff. However, a DNG file that has been previously edited while the option to save metadata to xmp is activated or has been exported from LR will have a profile "embedded" in its metadata.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines