• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop automatic syncing

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that LR is automatically syncing my collections when I add something new.  Some of these collections have taken a long time to create, but I don't want them synced.  I go to "All Synced Photos" and I find all these photos that I don't want synced.  If I remove them it takes them out of the collections that have taken so long to create and I have to start all over again.  When I recreate one such collection there is no syncing icon beside it, but the photos are all in the "All Synced Photos" collection.  I do not want this automatic feature.  How do I get rid of it?  I rarely use mobile so it is a pointless operation and I don't want all these images cluttering up my iPad.  I work on a Mac with LR CC.  Syncing is turned off.  I haven't looked at LR on my iPad in a couple of months.  I am almost afraid to!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Collections panel, go to the Collection and stop syncing it. It's a right click, or the little icon on the left.

LrMobile uses very little space on your iPad, even with lots of pictures synced. I find it very useful though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do that when I see it, but the collections in which these images are stashed don't show the sync icon, just the empty box.  There is a sync icon in the upper right corner of each image, but clicking it doesn't undo it.  I have syncing turned off, but it doesn't seem to matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the photos are syncing because of those collections? Right click one of the photos in All Synced Photos, and see which collections it is in.

If you don't use LrMobile, you may as well go into Preferences, Mobile, and choose Delete All Data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The synced photos are in the right collections.  I like the Delete All Data option. I was afraid of using it for fear it would delete the photos from the desktop.  In view of your suggestion I will do that.

Many thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I decided I didn't like the Delete option after all.  Instead I labelled all the synced photos with red in case I needed to reconstitute the collections.  Lo and behold, they stayed in the collections and are now unsynced.  I have no idea what is going on, but all is fine now.  I appreciate your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When LrM was first introduced, it was quite simple - if it was in a synced collection, it was synced to Adobe's servers. Remove it, an it wasn't. People understood this.

That changed in a couple of steps over the last year, and I do think it's confusing. It's now less explicit. Once you have synced a photo via a collection, it remains on Adobe's servers. If you subsequently remove it from a collection, you have the option to remove it from All Synced Photos, but if you don't choose to do so the photo continues to sync any changes and remains on Adobe's servers.

Personally, I think you should give LrMobile another try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR M is really not the problem as I work almost exclusively on the desktop except when I am traveling.  I find the whole syncing thing very confusing.  I don't see the point of having my photos on the Adobe server.  I guess I am behind the times, but I don't need to coordinate my work with others and find it easier to share via Dropbox.  Don't get me wrong - I do love LR.  It has saved me hours in editing and gives excellent results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2018 Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, the syncing is not transparent. The program all of a sudden starts syncing, without asking me. I hate that. I want to decide which photos should be synced. And I also don't like that I have to turn syncing off, when it is already to late and half the collection is already online.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm so agree with you !

So there is no option ?? The sync will start automatically when adding photos ??

It looks like Adobe has a lot of space to fill in their servers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines