• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D PDF functionality in Animate CC

Participant ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a way to use Animate CC to create the same ability to rotate, and zoom textured 3D objects as can be done in a 3D PDF. Ideally the ability to annotate, and isolate components of that object as well (same as can be done in a 3D PDF).

Displaying 3D models in PDFs, Adobe Acrobat

The reason for targeting Animate CC is so that the solution can be published as a OAM package that can be imported into a Adobe Captivate project and uploaded to Blackboard.

Can Animate CC even rotate a textured 3D object (thinking webgl) similar to how it can be done with 3D PDFs ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

I don't know why PDF of all things is your point of reference for 3D rendering , but yes.

3D game development for Flash and video games | Adobe Developer Connection

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why PDF of all things is your point of reference for 3D rendering , but yes.

3D game development for Flash and video games | Adobe Developer Connection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF does handle 3D models that the user can manipulate. iBooks could have been another example of what's needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

iBooks would have been an equally odd example. Yes, iBooks and PDFs can do 3D models, but it's obscure, fringe functionality. It would be like saying, "I'm looking for something that can play music, like a dot matrix printer."

For 3D on the web, Unity is pretty much the de facto point of reference these days. In years past Director might have been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unity would be complete overkill for 1 slide in captivate that needs a 3D model that can rotate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you understold what limited functionality I was talking about when I referenced 3D PDF didn't ya?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines