• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very weird error?

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello CA fourms, I have a question for you.

I am trying to import a character into CA from Photoshop. However, when I go to import and then open my PSD file, I get an error message that says:

Error: loadPuppet: expects non-writable handles as leaves, but found one with children.

Error code: (utils.js:21)

Error code: (engine.js.1157)

Error code: (bootstrap.js:3)

I have never seen this before. What in the world does it mean? Is 'children' referring to sub layers? This only happens with one of my characters.

Thanks in advance,

SH

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a new one to me. Could you share here or DM me your PSD via a shared link on Google Drive, Dropbox, or Creative Cloud to take a closer look?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this a puppet that was imported directly from a PSD file, or a puppet that had shared (Promote for Reuse) parts? We fixed an issue related to shared parts for the next version, so if this issue is appearing with a simple import of a PSD, it'd be helpful to get a copy of the PSD so that we can try to address. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I can give you the file. I will try to send it through a DM. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... got the file and can reproduce the error in both Beta 5 and the upcoming release. I'll need to check with our dev team if there's a workaround for now. Thanks for your patience while we investigate the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems to be the Pinpoints group of layers, possibly because there is no artwork in that Pinpoints group. If I move those 5 layers into the Body group (i.e., don't put them in a Pinpoints group), the error doesn't appear. Will this be OK for you?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines