• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to paste a drawing from Abode Draw to Adobe Sketch without loosing sharpness

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Draw to make detailed pieces of a drawing in Sketch because you can zoom much more in Draw than in Sketch. Also I like some bruches of Draw that don't feature in Sketch. The problem is that when I copy and paste my drawing from Draw to Sketch I loose sharpness: you can see pixels around the edges of my drawing while it is really sharp in Draw. I tried copying through saving the drawing as an image, through the creative cloud and through copy and paste but they all have to same loss of sharpness.

What can I do to prevent this?

Rooks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Roos,

Not really sure, but have you tried to export the file as a vector sketch from Draw?

Please see Exporting a Vector Sketch from Adobe Illustrator Draw | Sketching on the Go: Fluid Freehand Sketchin...

This might help you attain the sharpness.

Also, let me know about the device you are using and the OS version.

What is the version of the Draw and Sketch apps on your device?

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response Sheena. I'm using an iPad Pro (iOS 10.3.1) with the Adobe Sketch en Draw app. I don't use my desktop for my drawings, and I don't have Adobe Illustrator or Photoshop on my desktop. I was hoping to finish my drawing solely on my iPad.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Sketch version 4.0.2 and Adobe Draw version 4.0.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Rooks.

The problem is that you're not actually bringing the Draw canvas into Sketch; you're bringing in a .png. So there's just no way to get the same  sharpness you're seeing when the art is in Draw.

I'm sorry, but right now there just isn't a way to bring a native Draw file, or even Draw art saved as a vector image, into Sketch.

The only thing I can think of is to save your Draw art as a .pdf so it's scalable and experiment with bringing it into an Image Layer as large as possible.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reaction Sue. I tried PDF but unfortunately the result is the same. I guess the drawing I'm talking about is too big. I had no problems with the smaller drawings in the Draw app.

Best Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Rooks.

I don't know if/when it might make it into the drawing apps, but the ability to place Draw content in Sketch (and Sketch content in Draw) is is definitely a capability the team is considering.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines