• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Photoshop image hyperlinks in an excel worksheet.

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently creating a large image excel database for work where I include part number, description, thumbnail of picture and the source hyperlink to the Photoshop file location. When the hyperlink is clicked and Photoshop is not already open the hyperlink prompts Photoshop and opens the image file;however, if I then go ahead and try to open another image hyperlink, instead of opening the picture in a new tab it redirects me to previously opened picture file.

Is there any setting or script that I could apply to fix this problem. It is kind of a nuance to have to close the program window every time I want to open a new image file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

I associate Hyperlinks with The World Wide Web, HTLM and web Browsers. You seem to associate them with your image file type Operating System Application association.  To start execution Applications associated with image file extension like Paint, Photoshop, Gim whatever you has associated to a file extension.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JJMack,

Thanks for replying what are you confused about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I associate Hyperlinks with The World Wide Web, HTLM and web Browsers. You seem to associate them with your image file type Operating System Application association.  To start execution Applications associated with image file extension like Paint, Photoshop, Gim whatever you has associated to a file extension.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines