• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If while shooting raw images "you have great flexibility to adjust the white balance," then why does any adjustment result in images being declined?

Participant ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm advised under the possible reasons for images being declined that, "When you shoot in raw formats, you have great flexibility to adjust the white balance in your post-processing workflows."

If I do so in the least, using either auto/manual adjustment on anything with PS or LR, then they tend to deny my images and advise to leave altering anything up to clients.

If they honestly want clients being able to alter the WB or tint/exposure etc, then why insist on me uploading JPG files instead of DNGs?  Doesn't this JPG format commit absolute changes that can't be undone at a later time, even with stuff as slick as PS tone editing?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Please see Reasons for content rejection

Let me know if that helps!

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The advice regarding post processing is for excessive post. Funky filters, unnatural colors, borders, black and white conversions, etc. Generally it is advised to shoot RAW. Do basic adjustments to enhance the image..sharpen, crop, etc but leave the extras to the designers to apply.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines