• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stupid mistake, now what...? Lightroom to Photoshop question

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Editing a file uploaded via Lightroom in Photoshop. Edits got intense, lots of layers, so I threw a save at it and made the brilliant mistake
of saving as a PSD. Now I can't get it back to Lightroom with his brothers and sisters.

Is there a way to get this psd back into Lightroom?

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Lightroom supports PSD with a few caveats.  Exactly what problem are you having with trying to import it into Lightroom?

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 2.45.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom supports PSD with a few caveats.  Exactly what problem are you having with trying to import it into Lightroom?

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 2.45.35 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you saved it in the same folder using the "Save As" command, then just go to the library module and right-click on the folder and synchronize the folder. Lightroom should see that there is another image that needs to be added to the catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for answering. I realized I was over thinking the process and fixed it with a simple import from the folder where I saved it.

Too many photos to edit, too little sleep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for future reference, Jim's suggestion is the most efficient way to resolve this if it happens again. The Synchronize feature is designed just for this process of importing new files from existing folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines