Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"zero denominator in ratio multiply" (17::17) suggested solutions not working

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using aftereffects CC2017

Running updated win7, on  Intel Core i7 960, Lots of room on all drives including the scratch drive, a very reliable setup in general.

Most of my C4D renders are jpeg, set for 98 or 99% quality, and I have dozens of layers in the typical  AE project.

After using CC2017 for about a month, (CS6 worked flawlessly)  I'm now suddenly and frequently getting the "zero denominator in ratio multiply" (17::17), which brings everything to a halt. Following the advice of the forums,  I've selected "interpret footage/Main/Color Management/Preserve RGB" for everything.

Everything everywhere is already 30fps, file size is uniformly 1920x1080. This "preserve RGB" step sometimes (but not always) restores functionality... for a while.

It's a pain though.

But recalling the project at a later time, I have to go through it ALL OVER AGAIN. It's bringing me to a standstill. Whats the real solution? Also: why do I have to jump through hoops to use what is far-and-away, the worlds most popular codec?  Any help appreciated, can provide additional info.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

The latest version of AE does have some odd (and highly annoying) bugs with JPEGs which will hopefully be fixed soon.

Regardless of issues with them in AE though, I would suggest against rendering JPEGs out of Cinema 4D. I don't know of anybody else in the industry who does that. You are introducing lower quality unnecessarily into the mix.

TIFF is a great choice for high quality and fast rendering in AE. EXR is a good choice for smaller file sizes with high quality. Actually, rather than me makin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The latest version of AE does have some odd (and highly annoying) bugs with JPEGs which will hopefully be fixed soon.

Regardless of issues with them in AE though, I would suggest against rendering JPEGs out of Cinema 4D. I don't know of anybody else in the industry who does that. You are introducing lower quality unnecessarily into the mix.

TIFF is a great choice for high quality and fast rendering in AE. EXR is a good choice for smaller file sizes with high quality. Actually, rather than me making a long forum post about things, check out this blog post and the video it contains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines