• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Lr & Ps be on more then 1 pc?

Engaged ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just built a new pc & subscribe to Lr & Ps. My old pc is my back up which I use from time to time and has Lr only from a download I purchase over a year ago. Can I have my subscription on more then 1 pc? Is it possible to have it on my back up without incurring another monthly charge?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Yes, that's fine. The license allows two machines.

Actually you can install it on as many machines as you want, but you can only be signed in on two at any given time. If you need to sign in on a third, you first need to sign out of one of the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's fine. The license allows two machines.

Actually you can install it on as many machines as you want, but you can only be signed in on two at any given time. If you need to sign in on a third, you first need to sign out of one of the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You...Sorry for not responding sooner, have a lot on my plate at the moment. How do I tackle this, can't speak with anyone at Adobe & everything is on line. My old pc has Lr but its a disk I purchased a few years back. Do I need to uninstall it first or will the new version just over ride it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If its a windows OS yes.

Mac OS is not so much a issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I asked "Do I need to uninstall it first or will the new version just over ride it"? Your answer was "If its a window OS yes" I apologize but unclear on your answer. Yes I have to uninstall Lr or Yes it will over ride it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the Lightroom version. Lightroom CC and Lightroom 6 are both the same code and the same installer - only the licensing is different. So in this case it could happen that the licensing gets confused, and it's safer to uninstall completely first.

If you have Lightroom 5 or earlier the new version is a separate install in any case, and there will be no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is Lr6.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, in that case I would uninstall Lr 6 completely, then install it from the CC desktop app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome Thanks Helpful as always

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines