Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clipping mask over brush layer

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all and anyone!

I am using a PC and have PSCC 2017. I am new to PS so please forgive my noob behaviour! I have created a confetti brush and applied this to a layer and then completed the following route to apply a clipping mask:

- new layer

- new fill layer

- pattern

- chosen glitter pattern

- right click, create clipping mask to this layer

Nothing has happened, I can just see the glitter layer.

Please help if you can and see my image if that helps!

Thank you in advance. glitter fail.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

A clipping mask will show the top layer where there are solid pixels on the layer below and will be transparent where there are no pixels.

It is hard to tell from your screenshot but the layer below appears to consist of all black or white pixels, but no transparency?  If that is the case , the top (clipped) layer will also show as solid.

In other words layer 2 needs to consist of transparent and solid areas (as opposed to black & white)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A clipping mask will show the top layer where there are solid pixels on the layer below and will be transparent where there are no pixels.

It is hard to tell from your screenshot but the layer below appears to consist of all black or white pixels, but no transparency?  If that is the case , the top (clipped) layer will also show as solid.

In other words layer 2 needs to consist of transparent and solid areas (as opposed to black & white)

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines