• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do I remove robots.txt file from my site so i can index it for search ?

Explorer ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am trying to find out how to remove the robots.txt file so I can index it with swiftype and use amuse themes widget to get a search function on my site so customers can search a long list of addresses by postcde (zipcode) anyone know how I can do this or is there a better way of building  a search function into my site in muse ?

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2014 Dec 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Find the file in file manager or via FTP and delete it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this  same issue. I've looked in the file manager and FTP and do not see the robot.txt. However in the search results I get this error:

A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt

I've checked the pages, Site Manager > Pages and all the pages say: Show this page for search engines

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide the link to your website and a screenshot of where you are seeing the message about robots.txt

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you search on two brothers oshkosh in google it is the first listing. The site is twobrothersfamilyrestaurant.com.

Here is the search: Google

Please let me know if you need any other information. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if it was Google or re-submitting the site map, but it's working now.

Thanks anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sitemap.xml is very different to robots.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know that. Thank you. You have been extremely helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Ok, it is back again.

Google

Any ideas why it keeps coming back?

The SEO Metadata, Search Results are all marked to Show this page for search engines.

There is not a robot.txt on the site that I can see via ftp or the file manager.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There is no robots.txt file on your site. try to open, yoursite.com/robots.txt, you will know what I mean.

You can create your own robots.txt and upload it to BC. To see the detailed instructions, follow this guide.

The Web Robots Pages

Let me know if you still have any question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I don't want a robot.txt on my site. I want the message: A description for this result is not available because of this site's robots.txt to be removed from the google search.
Google

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I search your site in Google, this is what I see,

c706034381b64a30bdf9c5a129a450e8.png

Looks fine to me. Let me know if I am looking at wrong site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not what I see unfortunately:

It was resolved for a while yesterday, but it came back.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i do not see that either doing the same.

Try doing your search in incognito mode in a browser so you do not have cache, cookies or logged in.

Google search results are no longer the same for anyone by a long way.
Google search results runs all its calculations for lots of factors but if you are logged into google it will include your searching history to rank items based on that. Cookies and cache can also have an effect on your results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I was using incognito mode. I even tried on a computer that had never done the search.

I received the same results I posted above in both Google and Bing.

I will try to see if Google has an answer.

Thanks for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2018 Aug 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm allowing myself to join the discussion (in 2018 ; ) ). I'm having the same issue, and google webmaster tools is showing me this message: noindex.png

Is there a way i can change the noindex in the http-header in muse so that google can index my page?

Thank you for your time and help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Login to the BC admin itself and just go into the page in question and ensure the SEO options are ticked to allow the page to be searched by google.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines