• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RoboHelp 7 Html

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2008 Sep 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to open Adobe RoboHelp 7 Html, I get the following error message:

"RoboHelp HTML Application has encountered a problem and needs to close."

What is the problem?

Thank's

Barbara

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

No idea based on what you have told us. Is this when you just open RH or when you open a specific project?

If it is the latter, then create a copy in Windows Explorer, then delete the CPD file. Then try to reopen the project.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
It's just only when open RH Html.

RoboHelp for Word works fine!

Thank's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but is that when you open RH HTML from the Start menu or when you double click a projects xpj file in Windows Explorer?

Is this a new installation that has never opened properly or one that has worked and has now gone wrong?

If it is a new installation, did you purchase the full version or an upgrade? Did you uninstall the old version first.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, sorry!

This is a new installation (It's an evaluation copy) and I never used RH HTML because it crash every time.
I open it from Start menu.

My OS is Windows XP SP3

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most likely reason is that it was not installed with local admin rights. If that is the reason, uninstall and reinstall. You will need admin rights attached to your logon or your IT admin will need to install it.

Post back if that is not it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2008 Sep 08, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I unistalled and I reinstall RoboHelp like administrator but the problem remained.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara.
Are you absolutely sure that you have Administrator rights on your PC when you installed. This is very different from installing "like an Administrator". If you are in doubt, ask someone in your IT department.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Colum.
I'm installing it using a user that belongs to the Administrator's group, but it doesn't work either.
I uninstalled everything, I disconnected my user and connected using Administrator, reainstalled everything but the problem remains!
Could it be the .net framework?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH works whether or not .NET is installed. Take a look at Using RH7 on my site. There is an item about troubleshooting with links to two articles on Adobe's site. One for Vista, one for XP. I think you need to look at those next.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2008 Sep 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter.

I disagree with you.
RH installer needs a .Net installed to continue installation.
In addition, it requires a .NET framework 3.5.
Indeed, the first time I downloaded and installed the .NET framework 2.0 and RoboHelp HTML didn't work.
Yesterday I upgraded my .NET to 3.5 and now RH HTML works fine!
So, in my opinion, the .NET framework 3.5 is absolutely necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Barbara I don't even have .net installed and I've never had any installation problems. Is your install routine asking for .net? Are you attempting to install over a network per chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, my install routine askink for .net.
I'm using an evaluation copy and I'm not attempting to install over a network.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I should check that you are installing RoboHelp 7 not RoboHelp Server 7. To be honest I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing. What you appear to be saying that the install of RH (i.e. when you run the setup.exe file and before you even have a project) asks you to install .net. Yet you also says that RH for Word works OK. This seems to indicate that the install was OK but you just can't start the HTML application. If this is the case, it must be something wrong with your PC configuration. You could prove this by attempting to install on another PC. As far as your PC is concerned, maybe it is time to get your IT people involved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Whilst this is subject to confirmation, what I have been advised is that RH itself does not require .NET but if you choose the optional RoboSourceControl, that is what requires .NET.

Now in theory that should mean that RH should have worked but you should have got an error from RSC. Obviously it didn't happen that way. I cannot explain that at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp