• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am an attorney and my clerk's office has announced that they will not accept digital signatures. Has anyone encountered a similar problem or have suggestions on how to convince the court to accept the signatures?

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2017 Apr 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an attorney and my  clerk's office has announced that they will not accept digital signatures. Has anyone encountered a similar problem or have suggestions on how to convince the court to accept the signatures?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Give them a copy of the relevant statute. The ESIGN Act is a federal law passed in 2000. It grants legal recognition to electronic signatures and records if all parties to a contract choose to use electronic documents and to sign them electronically. ... No contract, signature, or record shall be denied legal effect solely because it is in electronic form.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines