• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

clean reinstall

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been runnigCs6 extended for some time, lately clicking on a layer wont select it I have to highlight it in the layers panel the select an action rom the edit menu to move or resize it I've tried reinstalling the program but now the text engine won't initialize. how can I get a clean reinstall?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

It sounds like you have a lot of issues with your Photoshop installation.  Resetting Preferences often fixes exactly those sort of issues, but with so many of them, I wonder if more is going on.  It is easy enough to reinstall Photoshop, so if a Preference reset does not help, go ahead with the reinstall.  The trick is to run the Cleaner tool before reinstalling.  I'd also download the install files again, to make sure you have the best possible file to work with

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi nikondragon,

You can try resetting the preferences by following the steps mentioned below: -

To restore preferences quickly using a keyboard shortcut: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac OS) as you startPhotoshop. You are prompted to delete the current settings. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Photoshop.

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like you have a lot of issues with your Photoshop installation.  Resetting Preferences often fixes exactly those sort of issues, but with so many of them, I wonder if more is going on.  It is easy enough to reinstall Photoshop, so if a Preference reset does not help, go ahead with the reinstall.  The trick is to run the Cleaner tool before reinstalling.  I'd also download the install files again, to make sure you have the best possible file to work with

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Download page

Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

And don't forget to deactivate before uninstalling

[EDIT]  I forgot to add that if this still does sort out your problems, then it is going to be operating system related.  Tell us what operating system you are using, and we'll take it from there.  But if it was Windows 10, for instance, then running System File Checker might sort it out.  If you are using a Mac, then you'll need someone else to advise you, but we have Mac experts here.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines