• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem upgrading Lightroom CC 2015.8

Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clicking on Help>Updates indicates that I have an update to install to give me 2015.9. Clicking on the update button gives a pop-up screen which says I have to save my work and close Adobe Lightroom before continuing.  I am not sure what I have to do to "save my work", and if I close Lightroom how can I continue with the update as I am out of Lightroom?

The answer is probably simple, but I am baffled. Grateful for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Lightroom has to be closed when an update is installed - you can't update a program when it is running.

The update will be downloaded and installed after you have closed Lightroom. (it may take a few minutes)

If it doesn't work, you download the 6.9 update from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ligtroom needs to be closed when the update is installed.

And your work is saved automatically to the catalog without any action on your part, so just close Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Per,

Thanks for your quick reply. If Lightroom is closed, how do I install the update? should I go to the Lightroom website, find the update and download it?

Again, thanks for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom has to be closed when an update is installed - you can't update a program when it is running.

The update will be downloaded and installed after you have closed Lightroom. (it may take a few minutes)

If it doesn't work, you download the 6.9 update from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks, Per, problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines