• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Batch processing from LR to PS

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am taking an on-line class on PS.  THere are a few lessons where they present creating an action (actually a conditional action) in PS.

She then went to Bridge, selected a bunch of files and the "batched" them to PS, where the action was performed.

Is there a way to do something similar from LR? 

Basicallly the actions were rather simple.  It would resize to a fixed image size and in one it added a pattern to the bottom of a horizontal picture. ANother pattern was applied to a vertical picture, that is where the conditional was applied.

ANother example it would resize the image, and then place a template over the image, so the final result was a fixed page size with a border (for printing to a book).

So (for now) just looking to do something similar, could that be done just in LR via presets?  Since it involved masks and layers in PS, I would think not.

TIA

Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Sorry for the brief answers - I'm doing this from my memory - but I may have misled you slightly. In any case, I always have to figure out this each time I set one up!

But it may be that you need to put a Save step in the action, and maybe a Close. That will record the resolution.

In the droplet you then specify the destination folder, and ensure you check the Override Action Save As Commands. This is confusing - because I think it actually respects Save commands in the action. But you'll have to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do this by saving the Photoshop action as a droplet, which you do in Photoshop. Then take the droplet and put it in the Export Actions folder - you find this in the Export dialog in the Post Processing steps - and call it up as part of an export from Lightroom. Alternatively, you can set up the droplet as an external editor - that's in Lr's Preferences, External Editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so how does a one create a droplet?

From PS, I went to help online help, then searched on create droplet.  The following are the "results" displayed.  The first one is a link to a video but shows exporting via batch from Bridge (which is what I've seen and started this inquiry).  The second is a a description on basic action panel in PS, No where does it say how to create a droplet.  Only mention of droplets is the following: In Photoshop, actions are the basis for droplets, which are small applications that automatically process all files that are dragged onto their icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yet another follow-up.

By downloading and reading the Photoshop reference manual I found that you create a droplet

File -> Automate -> Create Droplet.

This created a .exe file.

When I place this in  C:\Users\frank\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Export Presets\User Presets It doesn't show up,  Looking at C:\Users\frank\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Export Presets\Lightroom Presets the file extensions are lrpresets.

I also placed this droplet both

C:\Users\frank\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\Export Actions

C:\Users\frank\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom\External Editor Presets

Now at the bottom of LR export, it appears as a post processing after action and then when I run, it opens up the files in PS does what is expected, but would now need to "save" the results. 

Where am I going wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

francisl61708089  wrote

Now at the bottom of LR export, it appears as a post processing after action and then when I run, it opens up the files in PS does what is expected, but would now need to "save" the results. 

Where am I going wrong?

You need to include saving in the droplet. In the Create Droplet dialog box, there's a section called Destination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, that "almost" worked.  Now when it goes to save (since they are going to jpeg) for each picture, I get the save windown where I have to select the resolution and then click okay.  Is there a way to eliminate that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the brief answers - I'm doing this from my memory - but I may have misled you slightly. In any case, I always have to figure out this each time I set one up!

But it may be that you need to put a Save step in the action, and maybe a Close. That will record the resolution.

In the droplet you then specify the destination folder, and ensure you check the Override Action Save As Commands. This is confusing - because I think it actually respects Save commands in the action. But you'll have to experiment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines