• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem to vizualise the all compostion / exit point before the end?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry in advance for my bad english. Hopfully you just have to read me and not listen to me 🙂

I am using After Effect (started only one week ago). I have done recently a global composition of 1 min and 40 s,  which regroups 4 sub compositions => compo A 00:05s + compo B  00:15s + compo C 1:18s + compo D 0:02s). When I execute the pre visualization of this global composition, I cannot go through the entire composition!!! Indeed I am ejected, I would say, always at the same point neerby 1:25s (coherent with the green line under the time line).

When I do the pre visualisation starting from 0:20s till the end at 1:40s everything is ok? If I execute the C composition alone, again it's ok? It's seems that I reach a point of failure or exit point maybe related with to too much data? Last point. this film was ok this moring till I tried to add new background layers.Could you help me? It's very very  painful:-)))))

Fred (From Paris)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

After Effects caches previews to RAM. Once you run out of RAM, it will just start looping the preview as it can't preview any further. After Effects is not like a video editing application such as Premiere Pro. The way it handles data, previews, etc. is very different because it is built for a different task.

It is rare to need to preview a whole composition of that length at full resolution. Once you get used to using AE, you'll learn what you need to check and what you don't. It's best to just

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects caches previews to RAM. Once you run out of RAM, it will just start looping the preview as it can't preview any further. After Effects is not like a video editing application such as Premiere Pro. The way it handles data, previews, etc. is very different because it is built for a different task.

It is rare to need to preview a whole composition of that length at full resolution. Once you get used to using AE, you'll learn what you need to check and what you don't. It's best to just check short sections where you need to. (The Preview Panel gives you many options for customizing how previews work with different keyboard commands for starting them. For example, I have the 0 key on my number pad set to initiate a preview very differently from the way spacebar does.

If you really must preview your whole comp, you have a few options.

• Render it out via the Adobe Media Encoder into an MP4 (H.264)
  • Setting your composition to a smaller resolution like half or quarter
  • Setting the preview to skip a certain number of frames

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not knew all these things !!!

I am doing well know with Adobe Media Encoder.

Thanks a lot!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to help!

And welcome to the world of After Effects!

After Effects is fairly complicated. Make sure you go through a solid, reputable series of getting started tutorials (not some random person on YouTube). A solid foundation is vital. Any good beginning tutorial series in After Effects will cover basic stuff like this and you will feel a lot less frustrated while you're using AE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines