• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot use digital certificate in Reader DC on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When trying to sign a document using a .pfx digital certificate issued from a DC/certificate store (verified valid/not expired), we can get as far as selecting the certificate and specifying the reason for signing. However, when we click on "Sign" nothing happens. We are able to use third party certificates, just not the .pfx cert. This issue is on Windows 10 Enterprise x64 (10.0.14393) and Adobe Reader DC (2015.020.20042).

The same certificate works in the same version of Reader DC installed on Windows 7 Pro x86 & x64.

Capture3.JPG

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear CTMutual_CMHC,

Please try the below steps and let me know if problem still persists or fixed by any of the steps below:

1. Please update your windows 10 to the latest version available.

2. Also please update Adobe Reader to the latest version 2015.023.20053

for this you have to go to Help-->Check for Updates.

Incase it is already updated you will see "No updates available"

3. If the problem still persists, please go to

Edit-->Preferences-->Signatures-->Creation & Appearances(More)

Please uncheck box "Use modern user interface for signing and Digital Id configuration"

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have tested this again on our Windows 10 PC's running OS version 10.0.14393, Adobe Reader DC has been updated to version 2015.023.20070. Since we still had the problem, we unchecked the "Use modern user interface for signing and Digital ID configuration". After doing so, instead of not responding when we click on Sign, we get the attached error.

The same certificate works in the same version of Reader DC installed on Windows 7 Pro x86 & x64 without having to uncheck this option.

1.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear CTMutual_CMHC,

Thank you for reporting back.

I hope that that the certificate you are using is not revoked. Also please go to Edit-->Preferences-->Signatures-->Verification-->Verification Time-->"Verify Signatures Using"

Can you please tell what option is selected. If the selected option is "Current Time" and the certificate is revoked, we usually get this error message

However,since the issue is not reproducible on Windows 7 Pro x86 & x64, we request you to please share any pdf signed with this particular certificate in Reader DC .

Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2017 May 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear CTMutual_CMHC,

Please click on "Digitally Sign". This should open the list of digital ids present. Click on "View Details" link beside the digital Id.

Please send us a screenshot of "Summary","Details","Revocation","Trust" tab. Go to each tab and send us screenshots of each of them.

This would give us the certificate details and help us analyze why the certificate is invalid for signing.

Regards,

Chandrima

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting the same issue! I am using a Mac, with macOS Sierra (v10.12.4) and Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (v. 2015.009.20069). Every time I click on Fill & Sign, I get a blank box below and nothing happens no matter what I press. The document disappears. Any solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help. I am still experiencing this issue. These are my Signature Verification Preferences:

When I try to Digital Sign the PDF, I get this error message:

If I click on Continue, the screen grays out and I can't sign anything. I have to hit the Escape key to get out of it. It has also just crashed the program. When I choose to send the crash reports to Adobe it tells me there is no workaround. This is VERY frustrating. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines