Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

help with IDL and TLB file

New Here ,
May 27, 2008 May 27, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am working on a project which requires CHTML and Webhelp outputs, and i have recommended Robohelp for the project.

Most of their content is in Document X (Innovasys product), like a readymade structure and we can fill in the content. I have tried importing these .IDL and .tlb files in Robohelp but no luck.

There are just 2-3 chapters which are structured like this, and Document X output is a compiled HTML file.

Is there a way i can integrate all this in Robohelp??

Thanks
Varuna

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 28, 2008 May 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to our community, Varuna

Firstly, I'm guessing here that CHTML means "Compiled HTML"? As in a .CHM file?

I'm not surprised in the least that RoboHelp doesn't seem to have a clue what a .IDL or .tlb file is. I'm just guessing that these are proprietary to DocumentX?

I'd say the easiest way to "integrate" this into RoboHelp (Assuming I'm correctly understanding that DocumentX creates compiled .CHM files) would be to decompile the .CHM that DocumentX created, then bringing the decompiled files into RoboHelp.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2008 Jun 01, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Rick,

Thanks for your reply, I have decided to convert all the existing files to pdf or word documents and then import them. I will probably copy the 3 chapters in DOC X to word.Just trying to be on safer side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp