• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Automatically dismiss Mercury OpenCL error message in AE Render Engine?

Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, we're in the midst of setting up an AE render farm using the Render Engine. We have it mostly working, but one issue I just came across is that it gives an error message about Mercury GPU Acceleration. This message needs to be OK'ed before it will render anything. Here's the full error message:

This project was last used with Mercury GPU Acceleration (OpenCL), which is not available on this system. Mercury Software Only will be used.

Given that our render farm will not be easily accessible (it will be in our server room), having to OK this every time we render is not that feasible.

Is there a way to disable this warning? Or can we modify our project settings so this error message doesn't appear?

I've found that there is a preference you can (theoretically) modify to force AE to use the CPU for Ray-Tracing, but we're not even using that. "GPU" is greyed out anyways. We're working on the AE projects on 2013 Mac Pro towers with Radeon FirePro D300 graphics cards.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

If nobody else has any suggestions, I would recommend filing a bug report.

In the meantime, as part of your process of sending the job to the render farm, you could switch your project settings to software only and save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If nobody else has any suggestions, I would recommend filing a bug report.

In the meantime, as part of your process of sending the job to the render farm, you could switch your project settings to software only and save it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, thanks. I've filed a bug report.

I found the Project Setting and changed that to Software Only. That seemed to do the trick. If Adobe can't suggest a fix, then we'll just have to do this for any job we submit to our render farm. Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines