• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF not searchable

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2017 Mar 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF which I have edited extensively using "Content Editing > Edit Text and Images" in Acrobat XI Pro.  However, none of the text (original or edited) is recognized from the "Find" dialog box.  The original document used Microsoft Sans Serif, which I have on my machine and am also using.  I also print this file to a new PDF and it is still not searchable.  The original document is totally searchable.  Any help would be appreciated. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Scientist2017,

This might be because of how the PDF document has been created.

Could you confirm the workflow that you followed to create the PDF from word file?

If you just use the feature "Print to PDF" and create pdf file through MS Word file, then it could be a possibility that it has disabled the disabled its ORC feature.

You must use the tool  Acrobat >"Create PDF">Convert

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not create the file.  It started as a searchable pdf that I edited heavily using Acrobat XI.

Herbert M. Geller, Ph.D.

[personal information removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps the font encoding got goofed up somehow. Try this: Document Geek: Custom PDF Font Encoding: Why You Should Care and What You Can Do About It

It fixed my PDFs that weren't searchable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines