• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Pro on Ipad

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to purchase the perpetual version of Acrobat Pro DC, but I will be using it mainly for an Ipad. Will the perpetual version work for the Ipad, or will I need to purchase the subscription version?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe , iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but Acrobat DC Pro currently only runs on Windows and MacOS.

For iOS (both iPad and iPhone), Adobe has the free Adobe Acrobat Reader product. If you already have a subscription to the Adobe Document Cloud or Creative Cloud, you already have access to some extended web services based off of the Adobe Acrobat Reader for iOS. You can also purchase subscriptions to extend the functionality of just that iOS product.

However, even with the extended web services, you certainly will not have anywhere near the functionality of Acrobat DC Pro on either Windows or MacOS.

- Dov

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

View solution in original post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but Acrobat DC Pro currently only runs on Windows and MacOS.

For iOS (both iPad and iPhone), Adobe has the free Adobe Acrobat Reader product. If you already have a subscription to the Adobe Document Cloud or Creative Cloud, you already have access to some extended web services based off of the Adobe Acrobat Reader for iOS. You can also purchase subscriptions to extend the functionality of just that iOS product.

However, even with the extended web services, you certainly will not have anywhere near the functionality of Acrobat DC Pro on either Windows or MacOS.

- Dov

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2020 Apr 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov,

Its  2020 April and I have MACBOOK, using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC. Now am planning to swith new iPad pro 2020 latest one can I install the Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and get all the features in iPad pro?

Thanks

Manish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't install Acroabt Pro on iOS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manish,

I can understand why you would want an iPad in addition to your MacBook, but regardless of what the Apple fanboys would like you to think, an iPad is not a substitute for a fully-configured computer with a full set of operating system services including full access to all aspects of the underlying file system, large amounts of high speed memory (those GBs of “memory” in an iPhone or iPad are nowhere near as fast at the high speed you have in a typical MacOS or Windows-based computer). As such, there is no way that we could implement “all the features” of Acrobat Pro DC on these iOS and iPadOS devices.

Sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello Mr Dov.I have same problem

down loading a form from a website,since Im using Mobile it promps me to this message.So I really need to use bigger device that runs Adober reader 8 then instead of  mobile that is not supported by the required program?

1CFF590E-2046-432A-ADDB-932D79A14F7D.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you downloaded a XFA form?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thank you for this info, howver it is really disappointing since I specifically asked the sales rep if I could work from my desktop and iPad with the same functionality, and she said yes. She even asked me if I would like to install on my desktop or iPad with her help. She then walked me through the install on my computer and when finished, told me to do the same process on my iPad. since I use my i-ad more than my desktop, I don’t think this solution is going to work for me. ;-(

Elisa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install Acrobat Reader for iOS and sign in with your Adobe ID. It will unlock a certain amount of editing features. I never heard of any real apps with the same functionality on iPad, but no doubt people will be lining up to correct that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll confirm that. Per one of my responses above, the hardware and software architectures of these devices effectively prohibit such parity. And even the “editing features” of Adobe Acrobat Reader for iOS when logged on with an Adobe ID with a paid subscription are nowhere near as complete and functional as those of either MacOS or Windows versions of Acrobat Pro DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, why can you  not add a photo from your ipad directly into a Form created in Acrobat that contains a image field?  That seems like third grade level functionality.  The ipad can compress and edit video, but for some reason it cannot insert a picture into a field that specifically is made to insert images into it?  Come on Adobe.  Seriously?  The reader and DC are both created and controlled by you.  That is a simple thing to allow, considering apples file structure is similar between iphone and ipad and you are specifically making apps for those items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Dov,

May be it's time for Adobe to release Acrobat DC Pro for IPad OS users since the demand is growing. If I can make films, edit photos on my IPad Pro why I can't edit a pdf file? There is an option to buy a related product from your competitors but why would I have to do it if I have already paid your company much more for such function.  I think it's time to become IPad OS friendly. 🙂

Sincerely,

Marina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, being a subscriber of Adobe Creative Cloud produkt, why can't I access Acrobat Pro for iPad as part of my subscription of all Adobe products?

regards, Paul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro is only available for Mac or Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@przemyslawp39882258 

If you have the Acrobat DC Pro for desktop, it includes the Premium features of Acrobat Reader for iPad. Any files you store in the Document Cloud can be seen on both devices. It also includes Acrobat Reader Online. Be sure to use the same Adobe ID to sign in.

0CD4E89E-9DF8-4892-967B-FEA8838BEB48.jpeg

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but you, for some reason, cannot add an image into an IMAGE field in a PDF form, created in acrobat?  [removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have a subscription you can add images everywhere on the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Justin26832434wlpy,

Hope you are doing well.

As Bernd mentioned, if you have a subscription, you can simply use the option to insert an image and add in an image file on the document as per your requirement.

If you have a form that has a simple image field and not something that has been created using JaveScript, it should work fine with the mobile version of the application. 

If you have a particular form that you are unable to insert image to, it could be with the architecture of the document or the properties of the field that could play a role in the error.

In such a case, if would be really helpful if you could share a file with us for better investigation and concrete solution.

Look forward to hearing from you.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines