• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for templates that are little more complex.

Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently looking for some more complex templates for puppets.  I want to study a few and then build a brand new character for this.

I watched all the videos (thanks Okay Samuri) for all the tutorials.  But having viewed them all I really want to work on a more complex character.

Where can I find some detailed puppets with more behaviors and actions?  Learning hands on is something that I love!

Kenn.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also interested in finding examples of other mouths. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KShinabery212  schrieb

Also interested in finding examples of other mouths. 

Search Google for "phonemes".

Example files are here: Character Animator Examples

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The two puppet links that we've shared are https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-6029 (official adobe pack) and  http://adobe.ly/297v7Wg (okaysamurai puppet pack). There should be a range of simple and more complex characters there, and several mouths. I'd also recommend digging into the "Incidental Assets" folder of the "Start Here" project - Andrew and Funkenstein are definitely among the most complex puppets we've seen and they have a lot of advanced features.

In the last Tips episode I talked more about making custom mouths, and the new Red Monster mouth I made is available here: Adobe Creative Cloud .

Hope that helps a little!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing a lecture on Adobe Character Animator for the Adobe Community Professionals program next week for Tech Wednesday.  I have designed a character.

Well the space monkey has a rocket pack.  Any idea on how I can add flames from his booster?  Something similar to what the Cyberman (the worker that turns into the blue iron man) had on his feet (the audio was a little messed up on that part of that video).  If you like I can send you a screen shot of the character or the entire character.  Right now I am about to build the hands and tail.  All the rest is finished.  Might make a second leg with feet facing down when he flies (this would trigger with the flames).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - add a cycle layers fire.

I love the stuff these guys do: Fire Animation Pack 1 | Pow Studios

This video shows you how to add this stuff:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out how to replicate it on my own.  I created a set of six flames/fire (or however you would call it).  I felt that was too short... then just duplicated it until I had 72... that way the thruster would last longer.  It looks really cool.

Right now I am uploading the project completely to Adobe Portfolio so that Tricia can see the video for the Tech Wednesday lecture.

Still more I want to learn about the software.  But to me it is a really fun and simple way to bring a character to life.

But here is an additional question... I worked on an official sample for Adobe Animate CC via Tour de Animate on bringing characters to life.  Now I know we can import recorded characters directly into After Effects... but can we import characters also into Animate CC?  If that is possible that would be brilliant.  If it is not possible then that is something that should be considered for an update.  As it would be nice to be able to import characters into Animate CC as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you mean importing a Ch recorded scene into Animate, I've done it using png sequences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

KJerryK.... that is good to know.  Something I would have to see done.... but once I see it I can do it usually.  I learn quickly and pick things up after the first time viewing something.

Was the audio able to move over as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audio has to be imported separately. I should say I do not use Animate very much, and using png sequences is not very convenient, as each image file seems independent from all the others in the timeline, making transform adjustments a pain. Also, there is no dynamic link between Animate and Character Animator. There may be a better way, but I haven't really looked that hard, preferring to use After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Animate support is a frequent request we hear: Work fully with Animate CC (formerly | Ideas for Character Animator

Note for PNG sequences like the fire, you can change the cycle layers settings to run continuously if you don't want to do the 72 duplication thing. So I could have a 5-frame sequence and set it to keep looping when I press F, then have it disappear when I either let go of F or press it a second time (depending if Latch is set or not). More here: Keyboard Triggers & Cycle Layers (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial) - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did the check of the Adobe Connect Room with Tricia Lawrence.  She will probably send your team an email to see if you want to join as well for the Tech Wednesday this week if you have time. 

I gave her the links to the Chacter Animator page and your YouTube as well to share.  Because that is how I learned Character Animator really quickly.  Your tutorials were brilliant and very easy to follow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know about everyone here, but I am NOT an artist. I early-on knew I needed someone who was. I write children's songs, and I already had ideas with how to animate them. I needed characters, etc. I also knew that animating takes a ton of time. (So does composing, FYI)

The best site I found was Graphic Mama. https://graphicmama.com/   This is a group of designers out of Bulgaria. For me, this was the best collection of puppets, etc. I found on the net last February. And their license agreements are really reasonable. You can purchase a lot of different things. I began by just purchasing some of their stills, which are in AI. You can purchase a character and simply make it into a puppet yourself. Or you can purchase ready made puppets or have them create some for you. I love the detail they have and there is NO WAY I could have come up with these on my own. I also didn't want to spend the time learning how to make puppets. I want to spend my time composing and animating.  However, I did cut and paste a ton with their ready-made puppets. This was necessary for me because mine couldn't look like Barbie dolls with big boobs. (My songs are for 4-12 yr olds)

I'm attaching some screen shots just to give you an idea of the quality. I had to create the Hispanic boy in the middle because they didn't have any Hispanics! So I took a face and changed a color, added a soccer uniform, etc. all in AI.  They made him into a puppet.

The background was put together from purchased art from colourbox.com. Again, their license agreement is reasonable.

FYI-the reason I ended up with CA was because I had previously used a program for my videos called GoAnimate. I paid a monthly fee and found out there was no way to sell my songs unless I paid $79 per video per sale. So I am really sensitive to looking at license agreements. These two companies will allow you to use their products reasonably. Basically, you can't resell them, but you can do what you want-make t-shirts, etc.

If you had my AI files, everyone of these characters probably has at least 50 parts to them-shading, etc. They are SO beyond my ability. Anyway, I don't work for the company-I'm just alerting all of you. I don't expect CA to do all the artwork. They have enough work just to get the program to work properly!

When I get a song done, I will post it.

-Sharon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accidentally logged in under my old Adobe ID.....  that is why it looks different in the comment above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks & sounds good, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who did not view the Tech Wednesday lecture...... here is a link to see the project that I was working!

https://kennshinabery.myportfolio.com/adobe-tech-wednesday-lecture-adobe-character-animator

Thank you all so much for the useful info!  And of course to Dave.... his tutorials are the best!  Easy to follow and really make it simple to create using Character Animator.

I am currently working on a new character (of me actually).  Building an animated CV/Resume as I think in today's world that will be very interesting as compared to the typical CV.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha awesome - please share when finished, would love to see that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already drawn a bunch of new, more accurate phonemes, but don't know how to add them so that they work so that they work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines