• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2017 Cinema 4D error

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2016 Nov 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated to AE 2017 and today wanted to play around with the Cinema 4D renderer, but get this error immediately before doing anything:

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 20.14.27.png

I don't have any other versions of C4D installed and installed updates to C4D Lite. I've restarted and purged the cache but it still appears.

The render settings appear to be pointing in the right place and have returned to defaults but no difference.

Screen Shot 2016-11-04 at 20.45.59.png

I installed it today so not sure how there can be an older render engine present. Does anyone know why?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you uninstall AE 14.0 (the CC 2017 release) and then reinstall it, does it work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that. Does not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also dealt with this. Followed instructions. Reinstalled. Nothing helps. Contacted Adobe for other reasons and brought this to his attention. Was told just to ignore it and he clicked it to never show again. Only after being persistent about the issue he told me that it was because Adobe had updated their app but Cineware has yet to update theirs. I'm still skeptical but this was the response from support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing this. If I disable the error message there is still the problem that the Cinema 4D rendering takes too much time to be of any use. Hopefully this will be fixed with the next version of Cineware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WCorbey,

Sorry for this terrible inconvenience. It appears other customers are also experiencing this issue:

Warning: older Cinema 4d render engine is running

Please file a customer bug here. Although we posted about the warning here, it appears that customers are still having a difficult time with the feature.

I will also alert the product team by adding this post to any internal bugs. Please let us know how you are doing with your project if you have time.

Regards,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happening to me too. I'm literally losing time and money because of consistent issues with anything 3D in After Effects.

Driving me mad. 

Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Deleting preferences. defaulting Cinema4d installations, updating Cinema4D. Nothing has worked.

Im only trying to rotate text in 3D space and it takes over 10 seconds to render one frame at quarter quality.

Seriously what the hell Adobe?

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro6,1

Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Xeon E5

Processor Speed: 3.5 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 6

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 12 MB

Memory: 64 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact problem on my fully speced Mac Pro. On my brand new high end windows computer, i cant even render with Cinema4D.

I am paying for 6 Adobe accounts for my creative team and NO ONE can use 3D right now.

ADOBE NEEDS TO GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER. This is unacceptable. I want my money back for the month and the money lost.

I cant believe this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't experienced issues like this. Can you share a stripped-down example of your project file so I can test it out on my systems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a video of it happening with a brand new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Szalam,

Im currently running diagnostics on my windows computer to asses any problems that may be causing the issues. The issue occurred on a test project only containing a text file with 3D and Blur turned on.

Cinema 4D failed with a

5070 :: 0  Error

Ray Tracing also failed with a

5070 :: 0 and 5070 :: 12 error

3D was slow and glitchy on both Cinema 4D and Ray Tracing. Both options would break upon using extrusion and blur at the same time. Sometimes with only 3D turned on and no blur and no extrusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello SLG n8bit,

Did you install CUDA drivers on a machine with no CUDA card? If so, remove them and see if the issue resolved itself. Let us know if that helped or not.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enable the cuda in the graphic card and solved problem. I give you an example

How to enable CUDA for Premiere Pro and After Effects - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys, I'm still havingthe same issue has this been solved? I'm literally at my wits end, I have to deliver an important project for a client and this issue is really giving me a hard time. Adobe Tech Support, what are you guys doing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

alteredillusion2  wrote

Adobe Tech Support, what are you guys doing?

This forum is not Adobe support. It is staffed mostly by volunteers. If you want actual Adobe support, you'll need to go through the official channels. (That is, go to Adobe.com/support.) Make sure you click on the Creative Cloud option on that first screen regardless of what other options it presents!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines