• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

delete a project

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2008 Sep 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

am new to RH, can someone tell me how to delete a project?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Close the project in RH and delete the files through Windows Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, thanks, i have tried to do that but cant find the file. have looked under c/ docs and settings/ app data/ adobe and also under c/program files/adobe but cant find it still. must be there somewhere. Also i imported a word doc and all the changes that i have ever made to the doc show up in the primary view, any ideas on that too

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jap7. If you open the project, what is the location of project file? Look at that location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, i know this sounds stupid but how to i find the location of the project file from within RH. it doesnt give me the location from the file menu or the open menu?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do have any idea about where your project's source exists? If you do, it will help. I could suggest you look at the output folder specified inside your single source layout but this may not be the same location as your source files. You could try right clicking on the single source layout you are using and select Properties. The first field is the path to your output file. This may give you a clue although you may have to look up a directory or two. Failing this, do you know what your project is called? If so, do a search on projectname.xpj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

have searched for the project name under the c drive but nothing came up. aside from that i am not sure what to do. can you expand on the single source option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you open your project? Expand the Single Source Layouts folder (you don't say what version of RH you are using but it is in the Project Pod in RH7). In there, one of the options has "primary layout" against it. Can you tell us what option has this? Right click on this option and select the Properties menu item. In there will be a field displaying the path for the output. Which field depends on the answer to my previous question.

It is possible that your project may be located on a network drive although this is not advisable. It sounds like you may be trying to deal with a project created/edited by someone else so this may be possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

Assuming we are talking about RoboHelp HTML, here is a super simple way to navigate directly to your project location right from inside RoboHelp HTML. Right-click any topic and examine the properties. Click the File tab and it should list where the project is stored. But better than that, there is a button labeled "Open Folder" that will take you directly to that location!

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2008 Sep 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
thanks alot, that worked out fine. found them as per your instructions.

when i previously uploaded a word doc into RH, it showed all the 'track changes' that i had made to the document even though i had saved the document as 'final', thereby updating it. Any ideas on how to get around that?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp