• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR will not launch Apple Mail

Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inexplicably, my (Apple Mail) no longer launches when I export an image from Lightroom? It "prepares the files" ..then does not launch Apple Mail. They must go somewhere? I have emailed thousands of images in the past and this is a new and frustrating behavior. Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BillyDDonavan,

You may try and reset the Lightroom preferences and check if that helps. refer: Preference file and other file locations | Lightroom CC and 6

Also, you may setup the email client again in Lightroom, refer: How to publish photos from Photoshop Lightroom to Adobe Stock and social media

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks--I did trash prefs, and restarted. No luck. You suggest resetting up email client, but I use Apple mail, and I never set it up the first time? the option was already there as I recall.

All software is up to date, late model iMac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Library and do menu "File/Email Photos"  does the Email dialog show up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

everything works perfectly as it always has...it simply doesnt fire up Mail after the progress bar finishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any thoughts? I am really stuck here, thanks--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works here on cc2015.9 and OS X 10.11.6 and Apple Mail 9.3 using an ISP (Charter) email account.  Who is your email provider?  Is Apple Mail your default email client?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Bob---I use Apple Mail. Again, this has worked fine for over two years—then, it just stopped. Is there a setting that needs re-setting to ensure LR knows Apple Mail is my default email client? Also, it works on my MacBook Pro....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Apple Mail as my client also but my mail provider is Charter.    The only setting I know of is just the drop down where you choose APPLE MAIL in the FROM dialog.  No setting required.  To me FROM should have been named something else as I first thought this should have been my name or something

Screen Shot 2017-04-07 at 11.18.50 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you set up Apple mail in the Post-Processing options within the Export dialog? This is proven to be the most consistent way to link Lightroom to Apple mail. After you have chosen Apple mail in the external application, then save this as a new preset, this enables it to be invoked from the contextual menu.

Lightroom001.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Brad..I have tried this. But, I can only get this post-processing option if I send it to HARD DRIVE (not Email). So, while I have been using your approach as a workaround for the last week, it doesn't seem quite right, and bypasses the window Bob posted above where photo sizing is super easy for quick client reviews?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Brad...to be clear, the reason your approach does not feel quite right is that I never set up Apple Mail, it has been a default option that worked seamlessly until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Brad+Polt-Jones  wrote

Have you set up Apple mail in the Post-Processing options within the Export dialog? This is proven to be the most consistent way to link Lightroom to Apple mail. After you have chosen

This shouldn't be necessary.  If Apple mail is the default email client it should show up as my POST#7 shows and work as expected.  It does for me.  This is kind of like "use a card reader to import" because "direct import from camera" has been flakey. (as a side note my direct import has been pretty good lately).   I have never had a problem importing directly from camera with Image Capture other methods.  Adobe should be able to do this kind of stuff more reliably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you guys think an Adobe LR expert will weigh in to help here? ..not sure how to get assistance from them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 05, 2020 Mar 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ! I am having the exact same problem, yesterday, it was working fine, and suddenly it does that : nothing ! I mean, Lightroom exports the picture, but doesn't launch Apple Mail. And again, it was working just before, and I did no updates, nothing ! Adobe ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I had the exact same problem this morning - has worked fine with Apple Mail for many years and hundreds of emails.  But, today, no bueno.  VERY frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever resolve this? I am having the same issue with Catalina OS and Lightroom Classic (10.0, cloud subscription)? After finishing export, Apple Mail never launches, and it was working for a long time... went through different forums and suggestion, nothing worked... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I belive this is an known bug. There is a thread discussing same at https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-classic-10-email-not-workin...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines