• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No layers to select

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a pdf file that when I open in Acrobat you can see the layers loading. When I print the document it flattens the document when sending to the printer but when I open the layers panel it does not show any layers. Is there a way to show the layers so I can turn some off so they don't print?

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

What you see is a complicated file loading. PDF layers, if there are any, don't load any differently. PDF layers are nothing like Photoshop layers.

Flattening when printing is nothing to do with layers, it's flattening transparency.

So, there are almost certainly no layers, though the layers palette can be deliberately set up empty. Most PDFs don't have layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you think you see the layers loading? If the layers pane does not show any layers, then there are no layers in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because you can see the document loading in layers, not all at once. Also, it says it is flattening the image when sent to the printer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see is a complicated file loading. PDF layers, if there are any, don't load any differently. PDF layers are nothing like Photoshop layers.

Flattening when printing is nothing to do with layers, it's flattening transparency.

So, there are almost certainly no layers, though the layers palette can be deliberately set up empty. Most PDFs don't have layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for clearing that up for men.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines