Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

netscaler debug ip addresses

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2017 Feb 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We have ColdFusion set up on two servers through a netscaler.  The IP Address presented back to the CF server is always that of the netscaler, which means we can't enable debugging on a certain IP address, as all users will get the debug messages.

We've configured the Netscaler to present the Client IP in a separate header variable (Client-IP).  Is there a way of telling ColdFusion to use this variable for the debugging IPs, rather than (I presume) REMOTE_ADDR ?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dump the  CGI scope and you should see it in there.

For example, with the loadbalancers we use, we have the x_forwarded_for and x_real_ip header sent through with the request. This way we can access it with CGI.HTTP_X_Forwarded_For.

You will probably see it using the GetHttpRequestData() function too. This gets the HTTP request information, which contains the headers, which should have the part in your are looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi haxtbh, thanks for the answer.  I think I didn't explain it very well.  We're already using the GetHttpRequestData() to get the "Client-IP" variable configured in the Netscaler, and we can then use this to insert into audit logs etc.

However, we want to enable ColdFusion debugging through the administrator, and this works off a list of IP addresses.  This appears to work off REMOTE_ADDR (?) and doesn't seem to be configurable to work elsewhere.

So, if I access my page without the Netscaler then the debug information appears as my IP address is correct.  However, if I access it through the Netscaler it does not, as my REMOTE_ADDR is now that of the Netscaler.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution?  We have the same issue in a reverse proxy environment. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See this previous thread - x-forwarded-for in CF 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation