• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported video doesn't show up until I do a manual search for it

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every time I export a composition from after effects it doesn't show up in finder until I search for it manually, or do some system function that would locate the file. (clicking the file name in media encoder, bringing you to the file and highlighting it. Stuff like that.) I've tested this where I'll know the file path and have a finder window with that folder open; I'll render the file and the folder will be empty; If i search for that file name or relaunch finder, it will appear in the folder. It's like it's hidden until I go looking for it.

This happens for me with Premiere and Media Encoder as well. Does anyone else have this issue? I've been unsuccessful in finding any forum mentioning it. It could be my computer, but it only happens with Adobe programs.

My system specs are:

OSX Yosemite 10.10.5

Mac Pro (Early 2009)

2 x 2.66 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

24 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC

NVIDIA Quadro 4000 2048 MB

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sure sounds to me like it's not saving to the destination that you think it is.  When I used media encoder, I always check to see where it's saving, usually it's because I'm named the file name as well but that only time I've lost it (or misplaced) is when I was working two projects and accidentally save to the location of the opposite one.

Somehow, I think you are fully aware of that but just tossing it out there.  I'm not familiar with finder though since I don't use a MAC but the general thing that comes to mine to me is that it's saving elsewhere.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish that was the case. It's maddening though. I can have that folder open and be looking at where it will be, then it shows up like it was just placed there when I search for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did some searching and appears this is an ongoing issue, discussions about Yosemite (which I know nothing about) and possible conflicts with Dropbox being installed.

Might consider googling more and seeing what you can find on that.  Based on my short look though, doubtful it has anything to do with Adobe products.  Just my thoughts.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be dropbox. I do have that installed. i looked up their solution and it's to just update the iOS. Which doesn't seem to help. (my machine is too old for Sierra, but I have the most up to date Yosemite.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to restart your system and the program. It helped me once when I had the similar problem. Also, you can try to change the name and location of the finished exported video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have that problem here at my work - are your files locally on your computer or on a network? We're saving from Macs to a Linux-based network and it seems to have troubles refreshing the directories. To get around this, I create a new folder in the spot where I'm expecting to see more files, and that seems to force it to refresh. Then I delete the new folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files are rendered to an internal raid separate from my startup disk. It COULD be that transferring between drives has a funky thing about it that doesnt refresh the folder... but I think it still does it when I render strait to the drive my os is on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue and it's maddening. The only solution I've come up with is duplicating the file - then boom - both the original and the duplicate show up... I'm going to try and restart the Finder and see if that does anything, but let me know if you hear of a fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure it's related, but at my workplace on windows we had a network problem that some of the files would not appear  when rendered into the network folder. the workaround was to create a new folder then click refresh, the the file (sometime a folder full of files) would appear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Hello Studios,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines