• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird colors now showing up on previously developed images in LR

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue with previously developed images in LR showing weird colors that weren't there before, and I'm not sure what happened or how to correct this - hoping someone can help direct me to a solution.

I opened up LR the other day to import some images, noticed a few of the imported images looked odd, and opened another image I had previously developed to see what it looked like, and I noticed what almost looks like noise but isn't, just weird coloration. I did a monitor calibration (actually, a few of them) and no change. I checked the same images that I had previously exported in a folder on my desktop, and those looked fine. I then exported the images to PS, and they look normal there. So, somehow, some display settings were changed unbeknownst to me. I have checked numerous developed images and they all display a similar look. They definitely did not look this way last week, and I did not develop them to look this way. 

I'm including screenshots of an image to illustrate. Can anyone help me with how to correct this?

LR image jpg.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

andybenkert  wrote

I wonder if the upgrade to macOS Sierra had anything to do with it?

Probably. Color Management in any pre-6/CC version of Lightroom doesn't work correctly under Sierra. There has been a lot of threads with similar screenshots, and this seems to be 100% consistent. But nobody ever said anything officially.

Apparently what's happened here is that Apple dropped support for an API or framework used by these earlier Lightroom versions.

From Lightroom 6 and CC everything works normally

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the affected areas always in shadow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, as far as I can tell it's only affecting shadow areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact version of LR?

Mac or Windows? Which version?

Are you seeing this in the Develop module or the Library module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Macbook Pro, using LR3 and I have only noticed it in the Develop module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

andybenkert  wrote

Probably. Color Management in any pre-6/CC version of Lightroom doesn't work correctly under Sierra. There has been a lot of threads with similar screenshots, and this seems to be 100% consistent. But nobody ever said anything officially.

Apparently what's happened here is that Apple dropped support for an API or framework used by these earlier Lightroom versions.

From Lightroom 6 and CC everything works normally, so as long as you're on Sierra your only option is to upgrade Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks D Fosse for letting me know. Guess it's time to finally pony up! Odd that it only affects images in the LR Develop module though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines