• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects error: File "x" cannot be opened, it may in an unsupported format. 86 :: 1

Engaged ,
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this error for 14 of my ±100 clips. The files in question work fine, even in AE.

2017-04-07_19h32_49.jpg

Latest version of CC2017. Windows. Red Epic clip. Local drive. Same as the rest of the 100 working files.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Fixed...

So it turns out, I did a "Collect Files" then stopped 5 mins in. Somehow, the file was still referring the weird collected files so all I had to do was relink.

To answer above: They were already imported, the error showed up everytime I saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BUMP

Urgent please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

exact Ae version? full numbers

when exactly are you getting this error? what are the steps? how do you mean they work fine in Ae? how do they work fine if you are not able to import them? are you able to import them to premiere (I assume you got it installed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed...

So it turns out, I did a "Collect Files" then stopped 5 mins in. Somehow, the file was still referring the weird collected files so all I had to do was relink.

To answer above: They were already imported, the error showed up everytime I saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2017 Oct 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem. Using AE / CC on a Mac.  I am able to open the images with Preview. These are JPG versions of TIFFs created by an export from Lightroom/CC

by default 2017-10-07 at 8.45.51 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines