• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Browse sequences for CHM files?

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2008 Sep 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I spent a bunch of time setting up a browse sequence in HTML Help but to no avail. Although the docs don't say it, I believe that you can't have browse sequences in CHM files.

Am I right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right but you need to have the HHACTIVEX.DLL file installed and registered on both your and your user's PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have added that your Developers should be able to do the installation and registration as part of their install routine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Colum. I'm going to search for that DLL. Will be interesting to see if Adobe requires payment . . .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not an Adobe file. It is part of Windows and is freely distributable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fuzzie

Hopefully Colum will please pardon my observation.

HHActiveX.DLL isn't part of Windows. It is a redistributable file unique to RoboHelp HTML. It is owned and distributed by Adobe. It contains the programming that makes Browse Sequences and the Glossary Tab function inside compiled .CHM files. The intent is for the help author to redistribute the file and no payment to Adobe is required as a result.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2008 Sep 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had just assumed I did not have HHActiveX.DLL but it's all over the place: for example, Adobe RoboHelp 7\RoboHTML.
Plus someone I am working with was able to do a browse sequence and I was able to view it when she sent it to me.

I think I'm missing something in the steps. I'll write up a tutorial.

-- David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2008 Sep 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'm sorry. I just discovered Registering_HHActiveX.DLL.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp