• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow preview

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! My preview is very slow in FPS and I feel like it shouldn't be this bad. I notice slower FPS when I add an effect. Here's my settings:

Adaptive Resolution Limit: 1/4

Texture Memory 3006 MB

Graphics Card: Geforce GTX 970

Total Memory: 3.91

Maximum Disk Cache Size: 1130

RAM available for After Effects: 12.9 GB

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very hard to know the cause without knowing more about your system and your project. If your computer is a few years old, that could be the problem. Also, the dimensions of your project (eg: 1920x1080 pixels, etc) will affect its speed. However, if you're previewing at a lower resolution, it should work fairly well. Do you have your project previewing at Quarter resolution, or was that just its original setting? At the bottom of your Viewer panel there should be a popup that says "Auto" or "Full", "Half", "Third" or "Quarter". Make sure it's set to Half or Quarter and see if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have given us almost no useful information, but let me take a guess based on the assumption you've been using AE  fr about two weeks or less:

Hit zero on the numeric keypad.   Wait a bit.  Happiness ensues.  Unless, of course, you're doing something ridiculous like using 8K footage on a laptop.

I also recommend a detailed read of the Viewing and Previewing section of AE Help. 

AND DISREGARD ANY MENTION OF THE SPACE BAR>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there tkenney,

Did you ever get going with After Effects? Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Annotation 2020-04-01 022135.png

Hello,

Can you please tell me what is texture memory and what should be the ideal value?

My RAM is 32 and its an i7 9700.  

GPU info is there on the iamge. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines