• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera time 40 minutes off - How to change all the photos?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have about 400 shots taken on trip but found the capture time was off by 40 minutes. If you use the LR 'Edit Capture Time' function, you cannot specify a time shift like this except for daylight savings or time zone changes. The camera clock obviously sucks to be this far off! Anyway is there a not a way to instead of changing every picture individually to set the amount of time every photo for a bulk time shift that corrects the amount of time the clock was off? I am afraid to use the first option because a) it cannot be undone and b) it says it is the change is for a specific time and date, which I would think if you have multiple photos selected then that value you enter is going to change ALL the pics to that value, and not by the time difference you enter by changing it in the bottom (Corrected Time) section.

I am using LR 5.7.1

If LR does not have this capability, what options are there for this situation. I

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Use the first option in Edit Capture Time.  If you read the dialog carefully, you will see that if you adjust the first photo by 40 minutes than the rest of the selected photos will also be adjusted by 40 minutes.  If the photo selected in the dialog is 1:10 and is adjusted to 1:50  than if the next photo in the selection is 2:10 it will be adjusted to 2:50.   It does exactly what you want for all photos selected in GRID.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the first option in Edit Capture Time.  If you read the dialog carefully, you will see that if you adjust the first photo by 40 minutes than the rest of the selected photos will also be adjusted by 40 minutes.  If the photo selected in the dialog is 1:10 and is adjusted to 1:50  than if the next photo in the selection is 2:10 it will be adjusted to 2:50.   It does exactly what you want for all photos selected in GRID.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great - this is the answer I wanted to hear, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2019 Jun 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I was hoping for this to work----but it seems not to for me. I need to adjust the capture time to 15 minutes earlier for one camera body, to get it (approximately) back in sync with a second body. Cameras are a Fuji Xt-2 and a Canon 5DII. LR version is LC Classic, latest version, running on a Mac, latest OS. I convert both camera's native RAW files to DNG when adding to the catalog.

I first filtered to show all the Xt-2 shots, and selected the first, then command-selected the next shot. Using Metadata>Edit Capture Time..., I adjusted the first to 15 minutes earlier--fine. But when I try to select just one adjacent image, or ALL the rest of the group, ONLY the selected shot obeys the command. Even the adjacent shot is unchanged. Also, I'm presented with this window:Screen Shot 2019-06-01 at 11.27.54 AM.png

This confuses me, but I guessed "overwrite" was the correct choice, and LR seemed satisfied, and the one corrected shot stayed in the correct order.

So, am I stuck with laboriously changing every single Xt-2 image, one by one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are in Loupe view (just one photo showing) and selecting the photos from the filmstrip. When you're in Loupe view, most commands affect just the most-selected photo, the one displaying.

Switch to grid view by doing View > Grid (see the menu for the shortcut), so that you see the grid of thumbnails. Now select the photos and do Edit Capture Time.  You'll know that the command is working with multiple photos because it tells you:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm. Actually, I run Grid view on my Secondary Display, and Loupe on the main screen. I selected the images to adjust on the secondary. I will try on the main screen.

And...that seems to do it! Where did I miss the instruction to use only the main screen Grid? Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Where did I miss the instruction to use only the main screen Grid?

I'm not aware of that distinction having been called out before (I certainly wasn't aware of it). In general, the difference in behavior between Loupe and grid view is confusing and not at all consistent.  See Long time pet peeves | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines